General Position Summary:
The purpose of this position is to assist with the completion of all yard activities.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Able to operate a fork lift, saw, hand cutting torch, boom truck.
- Must have an understanding of yard work, the metal business, inventory control, and tracking.
- Must be able to take direction and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Load trucks as per load copies in order of delivery as the truck is routed.
- Pull orders for delivery and will call. Then mark with name, wire or band material, recheck quantity and correct material accordingly. Locate area for easy loading.
- Help customers with decisions on the right order for them, selecting other steel products, answering customer questions in a positive and direct manner, loading material, and ensuring paperwork for the customer is correct from the sales office.
- Track stock in order to assist sales.
- Saw material as needed.
- Hand torch steel as needed by cutting as straight and clean as possible.
- Unload trucks as quickly and safely as possible. Put material in the proper location as soon as possible.
- Re-stock racks by same or like material as needed. Identify by size or color codes.
- Clean yard throughout the day.
- Stock tubing and paint as needed for identification.
- Shrink wrap material for shipping and mark for identification.
- Band material for shipping.
- Operate forklift and boom truck ensuring equipment used is correct for the task.